Sunday, July 26, 2009

Blackened Salmon Sandwich


Having bought salmon fillets on sale, I was searching the internet for new recipes and came across this delicious sandwich recipe-it is not overly unique and I am sure many variations exist in the cooking world, but this is the one I found and we enjoyed paired with a side of grilled broccoli. (The picture is not the greatest, I was in a rush to eat while it was still warm!)

Source: adapted from Food Network

Ingredients
1lb Salmon fillet, skinned and divided into four pieces
3+ tablespoons Blackening spice (you can either buy or I make a combo of paprika, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and onion powder)
One Avacado
2 tablespoons sour cream (the original recipe uses mayo)
One tomato
4 whole wheat buns



Directions
- Turn on the oven broiler (or use a grill)

- Mix together blackening spices, coat all sides of the fillet and place the fillets on a baking sheet

- Place under the broiler (middle rack) for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through (timing depends on the thickness of your salmon fillets)

- While the salmon is cooking, mash the avocado and sour cream together and salt/pepper to your taste

- Slice tomato and toast the buns

- When the salmon is done assemble the sandwiches with avocado spread on each side, topped with the salmon and tomato (add any other toppings you like)


I served this with broccoli spears tossed with olive oil and minced garlic, spread on a baking sheet and placed under the broiler until just browned.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment