
Just a few notes:
-For some reason I thought buying an 8lb pork shoulder was a good idea. I did the spice rub and and left it in the fridge overnight, but the next morning it did not quite it in the slow cooker so I ended up cutting all the meat off the bone and trimming off some of the fat before putting it in the slow cooker.
-I was around home while it cooked so I occasionally basted the meat with the juices.
-I have read that you can use pork loin and pork rib to make pulled pork so I might give that a try in the future.
I wanted to serve this with coleslaw as recommended by many people. I started off looking for a healthy version and tried this recommended recipe from Sparkpeople. It had a little too much of a bite for me so I ended up adding a little low fat mayo and sugar to make it more to my taste (I know took away a little from the healthy part!).
I would highly suggest this recipe - the pork also freezes really well in ziploc bags. I just defrosted the meat overnight and then reheat in a pot with BBQ sauce and a dash of water to add some moisture. Made for some easy nights cooking!
No comments:
Post a Comment