
White Chicken Chili
Source: Slightly adapted from My Kitchen Cafe
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon oil
2 cans (15 1/2 ounces each) Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth (plus one can water or a second can of broth if you want a stronger flavor)
1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin (I added a little more)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/2 cup sour cream
In a large saucepan, saute chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is just cooked. Add beans, broth, water, pepper and seasonings. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for at least 30 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in sour cream and serve.
Source: Slightly adapted from My Kitchen Cafe
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon oil
2 cans (15 1/2 ounces each) Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth (plus one can water or a second can of broth if you want a stronger flavor)
1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin (I added a little more)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/2 cup sour cream
In a large saucepan, saute chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is just cooked. Add beans, broth, water, pepper and seasonings. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for at least 30 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in sour cream and serve.
Review: Absolutely delicious - much more "soup-like" than your average chili, but a wonderful flavor and very filling!
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups warm water
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups warm water
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon instant yeast
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (I used garlic powder)
3 teaspoons dried herbs (I used oregano, basil, parsley and rosemary)
dried herbs for sprinkling the top (I also topped with thin slices of red onion)
Grease a 9"x13" pan and drizzle 1-2 tablespoons olive oil in the bottom. Combine all but the last ingredient at high speed in a mixer for 60 seconds. Scoop the batter into the pan and let rise for 1 hour at room temperature. Once it rises, poke all over the top of the dough with yor finger, drizzle with olive oil and toppings of your choice. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Wait 5 minutes then remove from pan and serve (warm or at room temperature).
Review: Well - I gave this recipe my best shot...unfortunately the dough did not rise and when I went ahead and cooked it anyway I ended up with dense doughy bread stuck to the bottom of the pan. I was only able to cut off the top of the bread as the base was so stuck and it was still not exactly tasty due to the consistency. I will blog if I try this again and hopefully have some success!
No comments:
Post a Comment